An early morning easy healthy breakfast not only helps us to consume nutrients, but also helps us to start our metabolism. If our metabolism is right, our diet is taken care of well through the day. Here are two recipes that will help you to kick start your metabolism with your morning meal and to keep you healthy.
This is based on eggs with a medley of vegetables and Canadian bacon. You can serve it with salad for supper too. Also, with English muffins and eggs it serves a very good brunch too. This serves four people in about 40 minutes time.
- Distilled White Vinegar – ¼ cup
- Extra virgin Olive oil – 2 teaspoon
- Minced Shallot – 1
- Minced Garlic – 1 clove
- Diced Zucchini – 1 pound
- Diced Plum Tomatoes – 12 ounces (3-4 No’s)
- Sliced Fresh Basil – 3 tablespoon
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Fresh Ground Pepper – to taste
- Eggs – 8 large
- Whole-wheat English Muffins – 4 split and toasted
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese – 2 tablespoon
- Take a large straight sided pan and fill it with 2 inches of water and bring it to boil.
- Add white vinegar to it.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and minced garlic, cook for about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and tomatoes and stir. Cook until zucchini becomes tender or for about 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally during the process.
- Remove from heat. Stir and add Balsamic vinegar, pepper, basil, and salt.
- Get the boiling water to gentle simmer in the due course of time.
- The water should steam and small bubbles should rise from the bottom of the pan.
- Crack each egg into a small bowl.
- Slip it one at a time, without breaking the yolk, into the simmering water.
- Cook for 4 minutes it helps to soft set, 5 minutes – medium set, and 8 minutes – hard set.
- Use a slotted spoon and transfer the eggs on to a kitchen towel to drain.
- Serve it this way: on top of each half muffin, add the vegetable mixture, an egg, sprinkle some cheese and add the rest of basil.
A high fiber sumptuous healthy breakfast is ready.
French Toast with Baked Apple-cinnamon
This can be prepared much in advance and can be just reheated in oven before eating. Deliberately excluding egg yolks cuts in calories by half, a good news for sure. It serves 12 people and is done in 1 hour. (Refrigeration includes 8 hours)
- Non-fat Milk – 3 cups
- Liquid egg whites – 2 cups
- Honey – 3 tablespoon
- Vanilla Extract – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Whole wheat bread – 1-pound loaf
- Chopped Dried Apples – 3 ounces
- Raisins – ½ cup
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Ground Nutmeg – ½ teaspoon
- Confectioner’s Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- In large bowl, mix and whisk egg whites, honey, vanilla and salt.
- Trim sides of 8 bread slices.
- Cut the sides of the rest of the bread, cut it into small pieces (1 inch) and toss it another bowl with dried apples, raisins, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Grease a skillet, put the bread mixture into it. Place the 8 bread slices evenly on top.
- Whisk milk mix and pour on top of the bread.
- Press the bread to make sure it is moist.
- Cover it with parchment paper and then foil cover it.
- Refrigerate it for 8-24 hours.
- Preheat oven at 350° F.
- Bake the skillet for 40 minutes and then without cover for 20 minutes. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar and serve.